Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Beginning

Welcome to my very first blog! My name is Adri, an aspiring writer, poet, and animator with a passion for the arts and creativity in general.

Today marks the official beginning of creating my first ever film opening, and I could not be more excited to finally get this ball rolling!

Ever since this project's existence was presented to my class at the beginning of the year, I have been brainstorming non-stop, trying to come up with suitable ideas to create a fantastic film. During this time, I had lots of ideas running around in my head, but the thought of doing them all on my own was daunting for an amateur such as myself, and I found myself somewhat discouraged.

Luckily, I would not have to worry about working alone. My savior was my friend and classmate, Jania, a fellow writer and avid member of our schools GSA club, just like myself. As friends, we realized that we could work well together and that we could always trust one another to do our duties (we even worked together on several smaller projects from the beginning of the course). When she suggested that we team up for our final project, it was a huge relief to me, but it also gave me a fresh sense of determination and excitement for the project that awaited us in the future. From this, our partnership blossomed into what is now Shortcake Studios.

Once Jania and I decided to partner up, we realized we have one very distinct desire for our film. As members of GSA and the LGBTQ community ourselves, both of us have become determined to created an amazing film opening with realistic, well-written, queer representation.

I myself have always resented the poor representation of queer people in the media, especially concerning the hypersexualization of lesbian relationships. LGBTQ activism is something that both Jania and I are extremely passionate about, which is why we have planned from the very start to have an LGBTQ character be the protagonist of our film. Though some may see this as a foolish basis to start on, it is a topic that will always matter to me, Jania, and every single member of the LGBTQ community alike.

~ Adri

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adri! I like your idea and the fact that you have a clear description of what you are going to film. Your blog posts are informative, descriptive, and helpful in order to understand your progress within this project. However, I think you are missing some blog posts, which are essential to further demonstrate your progress. As such, you should incorporate more visuals into your posts, like adding more photographs, gifs, or videos of ideas that you are writing about. By adding these things, it wouldn't only help your viewers understand what you are writing about, but it also heightens your viewers' interest, which is a good thing! (Also, your short biography under your name is funny!)

    ReplyDelete