Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Idea

Jania and I have started to flesh out our concept for our short film, and I'm feeling a lot more confident about the direction we are heading in as of now. We have some really solid ideas that I think will make this film unique in a really good way.

The film will start out by establishing that our main character is in a psychiatrist's office. The doctor will ask the protagonist to describe his day-to-day life, but he'll seem to struggle with this tasks. Instead, the doctor will ask him to draw individual events from his daily life without concerning himself about their order. The rest of the film will be short clips that represent the scenes he is drawing out as he narrates over them and does his best to explain his own train of thought.

I like this idea because of its unique way of telling the story, but I've yet to come up with an ending that I'm truly happy with or excited about. So, my goal for now is to try and figure out a conclusive ending for this film; one that does it's job of providing some sort of closure, while not ruining the whole purpose and message of the story. I think researching other short films that involve a similar topic to ours will really help us with this, so that's what I intend to do next. Most of all, I want to avoid is producing a film that addresses such an important issue in an unoriginal or uninteresting manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment