Sunday, April 2, 2017

Building Our Website

When Jania and I started this project, we agreed that we shouldn't put much focus on creating our poster or website until we were done filming. However, neither of us thought we would still be filming this late in the game. So, to try and compensate, I've started creating the movie website. I obviously can't finish making it until we're done with the film itself, but starting on the basics isn't going to hurt us.

So far, I've decided on what tabs I want to include on our website, as well as the content I'm going to include on each page:

Home
I want to include our postcard as a title image at the very top of our home page, and underneath an embedded link to the film itself.

Synopsis 
This page is going to include a brief summary of the film, as well as our film's intended purpose. I'm also thinking about including a little slide show of pictures from filming and behind the scenes photos.

About the Creators
This tab may or may not be included, I haven't decided yet, but I thought it would be interesting to include a page where Jania and I can share a little bit of our own personal stories, as well as why we each wanted to create a film about this topic and what this short film means to us. I think it would be a good way to connect with our audience on a more intimate level.

Getting Help
I want a section of our website to include ways for people struggling with mental health to get help. That includes the numbers for suicide hotlines, links to resources on how to identify symptoms, and other sources like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment