Sunday, April 9, 2017

Postcard Process

Working on the postcard took me longer than I thought, but I actually enjoyed doing it and I'm really happy with the end result!



I started off with this image for the back of my postcard. I knew I wanted a lot of empty space to include all of the necessary information, so this image was a perfect starting point with the positioning of our actor.


Next, I wanted to blur everything in the image except for the actor, ensuring he would stay in focus. At first I thought about leaving the image like this, but then I started playing around with filters on my photo editing app and I found some really awesome effects.
 

Since I was trying to go for a hand drawn type of aesthetic, the filter I ended up choosing felt perfect. Having it be in greyscale felt appropriete for the subject matter of our film. Plus, it left a nice big empty space to fit all the postcard's information in a way that it could clearly be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment